How to format a Microsoft Lists Calendar view
Modern SharePoint and Microsoft Lists calendar views are available for some time now and I covered the creation process already here in the blog.
What I’m explaining in this post is how you can easily format the calendar with colors to better identify the items throughout the month.
In the following example you can see a list I’m using to keep track of expenses with different color codes applied to each category, my goal is to format the Calendar view with the same colors so I can visually see the same information in the monthly view.
To implement the calendar view customization you need to do the following:
- Switch to the calendar view, if you don’t have one yet have a look here to learn how to create it
- Open the view selector and then click on Format Current View
- In the format view window, select the Conditional formatting
- Click on Add Rule
- Choose the column you would like to use to for the formatting, a comparison type an the value in the column
- Select one of the available colors to paint the item
- Click on Save and repeat the same process for all the columns
As you can see in the image below, my calendar also shows the colors of each one of the categories I have in the list view.