How to create a Kanban board using Microsoft Lists
A Kanban board is a tool created for agile project development that is now available at your fingertips in Microsoft Lists, providing you a better interface to manage work at personal or organizational level.
The new board view provides an interface to that allows you so visualize the various stages of any type of data stored in Microsoft Lists, while at the same time allows you to move them across stages by dragging and dropping items into different buckets.
To create a board view you should:
- With the list open click in the view selector option
- From the menu click on Create new view
- Provie a name for view
- In the Show as selection, select Board
- In the Organize board by, choose the choice column that you would like to use to organize your board. Each option available in this column definition will be a bucket in your new board view
- Choose the visibility for the new view and click Create
In the following animation you can see the board view in action with items being moved across buckets with the progress value being updated automatically.
A bord view is available to any list where a choice column with a single selection is available, if your list does not fulfill this requirement, you will be able to create a new column to organize your items while creating the board view.
Once the board view gets created you are be able create new buckets, directly from the view interface as illustrated in the following image. This action will add a new option to the choice column you have selected or created for the board view.
Let me know in the comment section what you think about this features and what are the scenarios you have for it.
No comments yet