How to custom order playlists in Microsoft Lists
In my previous blog post I’ve explained how to create Video Playlists using the new awesome Microsoft Lists playlist template, and today I’m showing how you can tweak it a little bit to organize the videos.
By default, videos are shown in the playlist by the order they were added without an option to sort them differently, but with a small customization this behavior can be easily modified.
Once you get your playlist configured and with some videos, to sort them with a specific order you should do the following:
- In your playlist open the view selector and switch to the All Items
- In the list view click in the Add Column option
- Select the type Number
- Type a name for the column that will be used to order the videos
- Set the Number of decimal places to 0 and click on Save
With the new column created, edit each one of the items and define the order they should appear in the list.
After doing this change you will notice that the order of the videos remains the same, to get them sorted the next step is to modify the Playlist view by doing the following.
- Click in the cog icon to open the settings menu and then click on List Settings
- Under Views section, click in the Playlist link
- Scroll down to the Sort section and replace the Created column by your new order column
- Click OK to save your changes
No comments yet